I need a killer recipe for a cake....

I am prolly the only person who loves to bake but doesnt have a cake recipe...my hubbys bday is jan 29 and i want to make a real homemade cake for him....does anyone have any good recipes they want to share? Thank you bunches!

pebbles425

Asked by pebbles425 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• (Taken from CakeCentral.com)
    For chocolate lovers:

1 box Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake (w/ mini choco chips)
    1 box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 cup cocoa
    2 cups sourcream
    2 4oz pkg chocolate fudge instant pudding
    8 eggs
    1 cup veg oil
    2 2/3 cup chocolate milk
    2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup mini choco chips

Sift dry ingredients together and then add wet, mix until incorporated and then mix for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 until toothpick comes out clean. You may have to test a few times, sometimes I hit a choco chip and my toothpick comes out all messy.
    You can’t really half the recipe because the flavor comes from the combo of the 2 chocolate mixes so it makes a lot of cake.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 12:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I believe there is a book called thye Cake Bible that has some awesome repipes. Try your local library or bookstore.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Maybe not what you're looking for... but here is the best cake rec. EVER!

http://www.dizzy-dee.com/recipe/chocolate-cake-in-5-minutes
    Anonymous

• You can check out tons more at cakecentral.com  Sign up for free, and click on "recipe" link.  It's for beginner to professionals.  I use many of thier recipes when baking for clients.

happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 12:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• honestly i just make from a box, and then i decorate like its home made. lol
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• This isn't a homemade cake, but since it's for your hubby's birthday this one could be fun! Better that Sex cake! Make a German chocolate cake according to directions, in a 9x13 pan. While it's still warm, poke it full of holes. Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over the holey cake (warm it up first if you want), let it soak in, then pour a jar of caramel/butterscotch ice cream topping over it (again, you can warm it first if you want to make it runnier). Top with 8oz cool whip, and sprinkle with chopped toffee candy bar, chopped butterfingers, mini chocolate chips, drizzles of chocolate syrup or caramel syrup, whatever looks/sounds good. Refrigerate. It's better the next day! I'm sure you could also do it in 8 or 9 inch rounds, stacked, and "frost" the whole cake with cool whip, you just might have some milk/caramel running out the bottom. But it's sooooooo good!
    Anonymous

• Basic 1-2-3-4 cake: You can dress it up.

1 Cup butter
    1 Cup milk
    2 Cups Sugar
    3 Cups flour
    4 eggs

vanilla, baking powder, salt--- you can add in chocolate chips, coconut flakes... get creative

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

I have frosting and cake recipes galore!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• In my opinion there is nothing easier or moister than the one on Hershey's cocoa container

Answer by admckenzie at 6:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I did look on Hersheys website and found the choco one...thats the one im going to use for his birthday but all the others sound amazing too, im going to check and try them all out...Thank you all very much!!!
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Bake a chocolate cake mix as directed. While still hot, pour on a can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 jar of caramel ice cream topping and 1/2 jar chocolate ice cream topping. Let cool completely. Once cooled completely, frost with a container of Cool Whip and top with crushed Heath bars. You can dizzle on the caramel and chocolate sauces too. This cake is incredible served from the refrigerator.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2009