Is this considered cheating?

My husband and I are getting divorced. It's a long story. My question is he has been talking to some girl who now lives 4 hours away that he went to high school with. I found the texts and call history in his phone so I texted to find out who she was and told her he has a wife and 2 sons...she said they were just old friends. Later, I find they call each other almost every day and I found texts from her saying "it's not like it's a big secret anymore, call me later :)" and I'll call you at 8, I can't wait to hear her reaction" and "call/text me if she flips out on you again" he told me he only talks to her every couple of weeks...I saw phone records, he's lying. He also deletes most of his in and out box texts so they never make sense, it's clear he's hiding something and freaks if I ever grab his phone for him. He also comes home at 3am, hes a server, do u think he's driving to see her? Any advice or thoughts? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are getting divorced, no, its not cheating. If you are staying married, yes its cheating.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'd say obviously something is going on between the two of them, but if you're getting divorced anyway, does it really matter?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Well we are still together and living together, but the end result will be divorce, we're just not quite there yet.
    Anonymous

• I guess it doesn't really matter...I just wanted other opinions, I was just curious how others would view it
    Anonymous

• I think he's cheating...all the signs are there.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I agree with PP if you are getting a divorce than he is a free man to be with whomever he pleases. I don't see why you care, if you don't want to be with him why do you care if he is with someone else. If you are getting a divorce you should cut all ties, quit looking at his phone records and move on.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• He doesn't give me any money to pay our bills, my dad has had to help me out so my son and I don't go homeless....it just pisses me off because he uses my car to go to work to make money as a server to keep for himself, and he may even be using my car to meet her...he lies and gets angry anytime I ask him about it.
    Anonymous

• As long as your married I consider it cheating until the judge says DIVORCED it is cheating in my book.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 1:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Your getting a divorce, you have no say anymore
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Did he sleep with her? It just talk that is cheap. If he stops give him another chance. If not then kick him to the curb.It is cheating but in emotional way but physical???I would question that. Some people love to do that and it means nothingjust a diversion. GL. Keep us posted.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2009