What are some good online refrences for Wicca?

I am looking for some real refrences about Wicca and Paganism. It is hard to trust what you are reading because a lot of it I have found takes it mainstream and that is not what I am looking for. I want truth about the reigion and their practices.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Both are very BROAD labels. Start with Wikipedia. It gives good overviews of everything. If you have specific questions about a religious practice, ask someone who practices the faith.

Edith Hamilton has a great book called "Mythology" that is a common college text for Greco-Roman myth. Some pagans use some of these elements. Otherwise, it's a great book if you have a high school or college student in your home. It'll help with English homework.

A college book store/ text book store will most likely have a good selection of comparative texts on religions.

The Golden Dawn is a magical order that uses Judo-Christan magical practices as well as ancient Egyptian ones. Chick and Tabitha Cicero are the US leaders of the order. They write TONS of very smart books. They are amazing scholars. Their books are available on Amazon and in many stores. They have many websites.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have a few links that you may wan to start with.. Keep in mind that a person practicing Wicca is NOT always a Witch as well... nor are ALL Pagans Wiccan... Also keep in mind tha Wicca is or can be a mixture of paths pulled in from all over the Pagans belief systems... also keep in mind that many websites talk about THEIR version of what Wicca is like... the one thing you will see tho is the primary core belief... "Harm none"

1. Wicca 2. What is Wicc  3 The Pagan Path   4. Witches' Voice

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• If you like you can PM me any time to ask questions... I am a Practicing Wiccan Witch... I practice the core beliefs of the religion and I practice Witchcraft..., but as I said... NOT ALL Wiccans practice Witchcraft or call themselves Witches...

I hope you find what you seek...

Blessed Be

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My favorites are www.PagansPath.com and www.About.com (search Paganism or Wicca)

I had some other great ones bookmarked, but then my computer crashed... Sorry. Also, just check out some of the groups on here! There is GREAT information in some of them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2009