Investments, stocks, home businesses ??? Im about to come into some money...what can I do with it?

Im not really looking for a business to start from home, Ive been there numerous times and have failed. Im more so looking for places to invest like stocks but I know nothing. Can anyone give me ideas on where to invest my money so it grows over time.....

Or maybe I can try another home business if something comes my way Im interested in.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• CDs can be good depending on your bank. If you are a member of a credit union, they often have investment plans that are specific to their customers. They might even have a financial adviser there to help you for no charge.

Mutual funds are considered safe because they are diverse. People with a more time and know-how can be quite successful day-trading.

Start with the bank where you have your mortgage. Often they have advisers there for customers like you. Many investment firms offer free consults. A firm will manage your money for you and charge a commission.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Depends on how long term this investment is. If it's for ten or more years, invest in stocks or mutual funds or both. You can make your own trades with Charles Schwab but we use Smith Barney but we pay for our guy to pick the funds and buy and sell. CD's are a good way and yield 3-4 percent while stocks can yield a bit more depending (8-12 percent). Bonds T bills are also safe.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how much you are coming into and when you will need it. Talk to several different banks and Credit Unions with their financial advisors - most of them have them now. They can help divide things up so that you are well diversified and can handle changes in the economy.

I would however suggest also if you are interested in a home business, the investment is not large, however the return can be huge. Arbonne is on the verge of another surge with new products which will be introduced. Sales went vertical when we introduced our anti-aging line and now there is expected to be another surge. The health and wellness industry is the number three recession proof industry and is poised to be a 3 TRILLION dollar market in the next 5 years in spite of the economy.

Congratulations and good luck with your investments. Please let me know if I can help...we have amazing free training.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 11:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2009