how do you clean

With a baby in a front? Don't get me wrong I love my front pack for shopping and any outings we go on, but I can't clean with it on. I always feel like she's going to fall out if I bend over. Plus she just tries grabbing everything and makes it very awkard just being there.

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? I did it all the time. and I loved having my baby there. but sometimes you just need to put her down to get things done. She will be okay for a few mins. But, if you really want her there in the pack, then try cleaning with her facing you in it. And, not turned around (front facing) so she cant grab for things.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• She's 4 months old (going to be 5 months on the 6th of jan)
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I used a sling when DS was that small... either put him to sleep, or he was busy nursing. Now that he's older (9 mo), I put him on my back in the ergo. I think you can do a back carry with a wrap at that age.

LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Maybe I was a bad mommy lol. Dont get me wrong, I love being with my DD and I love cuddling and all that fun stuff, but I was very much into teaching her independence from a young age. I would let her play on the floor while I cleaned and talked to her. It taught her that how to play on her own (which is a lifesaver now that shes a toddler) and it taught her that even though I wasnt sitting right next to her I was still there for her. That was just the way I prefered to do it. When I did have to carry her around I would use a sling, I thought they were much more comfotable and she loved it
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My philosophy is that around 4 mo., they need to start self entertaining. You have to keep in mind that the time baby spends alone looking and grabbing for things is just as important as the time he/she spends with you. Put baby on the floor for some tummy time or on her back in a gym. Those muscles need to be developed and floor time is the only way it is going to get done. Mine started rolling at 4.5 / 5 mo. and by six mo. she was rolling to get places (i.e. she's roll clear across the room to grab a toy).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Dd gets PLENTY of floor time. She already rolls all over and scoots around my floor but when she's tired she wants nothing to do with the floor. That's when I need to hold her. We also have plenty of playtime after the house is clean. Once asleep I usually try to put her down in her crib or swing. There are times it works but sometimes I have to move her so much to get her out of the front pack that she wakes up and I have to get her back to sleep.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• What is this obsession with self-entertaining? Babies that young shouldn't amuse themselves beyond the few moments between eating and sleeping to discover their hands and feet. My philosphy is that a baby is a baby for a short time and i won't be looking back regretting missing these precious moments because I needed a spotless floor.

If i want to clean I wait until she's napping if it isn't something I can/want to do with her in a sling. I even got into the habbit of doing more things in the evening when my husband is home. Or I do a quick five minute run while the baby is content. I don't "teach" her to amuse herself...I take advantage of those short times when she's busy with a discovery.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i never used one when cleaning... ill clean when shes down for a nap or put her down to play or in her high chair or something.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2009