I'm 37 I'll be 38 in May and I feel like my time to have another child is running out. I wanted to finish school first but that will take 4 more years. Is my only choice to have a baby now and not wait. Any advice?

My hubby is 27 and we have a 2 year old now. We want anther baby, but I wanted us to be better off financially. We can afford another now but it would be tight. Any advice would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My aunt had a child at 40 and I've known women who've had babies at almost 50 somehow. Don't give up yet.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I think if you want another child to have it now... After you turn 40 there are so many risks of complications and birth defects and down sendrome. Or you guys could wait and addopt.... There are tons of children that need a good home! But whatever you decide I would just talk to you doctor about it.... Good luck! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 1:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I had my babies while attending grad school. It's hard, but not impossible. Just make sure your husband is willing to help out, a lot, with kid duty while you do your homework. My advice is to go for it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No one has "Enough" money for their kids.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I am 43 and just had my first - I am so blessed but I would not recommend waiting. It was a long 9 months and probably cost me twice as much because I had to see a doctor EVERY WEEK! The regular OB and then the Maternal Fetal specialist...I have great insurance but I am still paying off my portion!
    That is a small issue though, there are just so many more risk the longer you wait...
    And ecodnai is right - there is NEVER enough money for kids!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• You have forever to finish school, but not forever to have kids. School can wait!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I'm the same age as you (my birthday's even in May!). My advice would be to start trying for the baby now if you really want one because it may not be as easy to get pregnant if you wait, and in fact it may even take a while if you start trying now. Continue on with school until you have to take a break for the new baby. You can probably get at least a year under your belt before you have to take a break, and then you'll be that much closer to finishing when you start back. If you do school now and put off having a baby you may find that it won't happen and you could really regret not doing it while you could. GL!
    Anonymous

• first congrats on the younger man lol. it all comes down to choices, in 4 years you will be 42 still can give birth, or have one now and put school off until later, its a good choice either way and its yours!
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2009