What are my chances of getting pregnant on the first try?

With my son it took us 3 months to get pregnant and we werent really trying hard. I wasnt paying attention to my ovulation or anything, we just did it. This time we are tracking starting a few days ago. I am supposed to ovulate on the 5th. What are my chances of getting pregnant on the first try? Have you gotten pregnant on the first try or no anyone who has?

annamcg18

Asked by annamcg18 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i got pregnant without trying so I'm probably not a good person to talk to. I knew it was an ovulation day, but took my chances using withdrawl method and still got preggo. So, I would say your chances are pretty good.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I got pregnant on the first try and I thought I was infertile due to many health problems/ surgeries/etc.

I got pregnant with a very wiggly kung-fu master kicker, in fact.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i was thinking the same thing....i got pregnant with my first DD without trying using that God awful withdrawal method, lol...but Dh and I are planning this one and I am suppose to start ovulating this saturday so Im pretty excited...i will let you know if it works the first time or not....good luck with yours.
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• baby #1 - was not trying, baby #2 - still not here after 24 months of trying
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My first daughter we tried for three months second daughter was in one night. I knew I was ovulating though
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 12:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• my fertility dr. told me that a normal couple with no fertility problems has about a 20-25% chance each month. I didn't fall into that category. I have been trying almost 2 years, we have male factor infertility.
    eagerforbaby

Answer by eagerforbaby at 2:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I am 39 and have gottten pregnant three times on the first try (basically the only times I have ever tried, I have gotten pregnant). First at 31, and then at the age of 36, and I just confirmed my thrid pregnancy at the age of 38 (almost 39) after trying one time. I just counted my cycle to my ovulation window and bingo! I hope this gives some encouragement to women in their thirties and of all ages. I don't do anything extraordinary, I used to smoke and drink moderately, and although I am a good body weight and do exercise, not anything out of the ordinary. It can happen! Good luck to all of you!
    mulchee

Answer by mulchee at 1:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2010