Does taking pills/vitamins make you sick?

I get sick (throw up) every time I take prenatal or regular vitamins. It doesn't matter if I eat before or not, if I drink lots of water with them, no matter what time of day, etc..

Do you have this problem? What helped you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Health

• be sure to eat something solid, not just toast or whatnot, then make sure to go right to bed. I mean ok you are in bed, just had a big bowl of something so you are full, then as yu are drifting off, take the vitamins.also wanted to add that I couldnt take the script kind of prenatals so took the grocery store ones, from jewel osco, and it had exactly same amounts of same stuff in them, yet i never got sick again. hang in there hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• wanted to dd too, and some will bash I am sure lol, but if you are eating healthy and extra of those healthy things, you will be fine without prenatals. maybe take an extra calcium, and some c folic acid and b vitamins
    ...your baby will be fine. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I stopped taking my prenatal. It was making me SUPER sick. Now I take my vitamins separately.

I have a drink mix that I can add to my water (Emergen-C brand).

I take Barlene's Lemon Oil for my A, E, and folate, fish oil, DHA, etc. I can drizzle that over yogurt or ice cream or put it in a smoothie. It's also a good "dessert" to have a spoonful when I get a sweet tooth.

I take a B complex with lunch. I have a mineral I take with lunch too. I eat about 10 bites then take them.

I have a few different herbal teas I can drink that have some different things in them. Basically, I'm disguising all my vitamins in food. Like you do with a puppy. geez!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I went through six different prenatal vitamins before I found one that I could tolerate. It was by Country Life, and it was one that I took three times a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2009