What do you think Heaven is like? If you don't believe in "heaven" what do you think happens when we die?

I do believe in Heaven I'm just not sure what I think it's going to be like. I've heard SO many theories lol. I think it's going to be a nice place where we are surrounded by our loved ones, with no pain or sadness, but other than that I'm not sure. What's your take on it?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think heaven will be a place, where we will live for a thousand years, or a sabbath day to God. It will be perfect and we will bei n the light of God all the time. We will eat fruits and vegetable that we have never seen or heard of, also there will be colors we have never seen nor ever could have imagined. Our imaginations might be big but God's imagination is bigger. There will be praising and exploring and living as God wants us to live.
    Then when sabbath is over we return to the earth made anew.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I don't believe in heaven (or hell). I believe that when we die, that's it. End of the line. Which is why I'm going to make the best of things while I'm still alive :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I dont believe in the christian version of heaven.

I think that idea of peace and love is found within at all times if we just look.

As for what goes on after death...I have a belief in reincarnation. Whether Im right or not remains to be seen LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• part of me believes when you die....you just...die. You no longer exist, much like you didnt exist before birth. I contradict myself often though. When someone close to me dies, I often think of them going to another realm, reuniting with family and friends who passed before them. When my aunt died, I pictured her seeing my oma and my uncle again, much like a Thanksgiving party where people you havent seen in a while greet you and catch up...ya know? I like my latter version of the afterlife better lol... I fear death and thinking about reuniting with family anf friends eases my mind. I am not alone now....the thought of dying and just rotting in the ground just doesnt sound like my cup of tea. There's a cool show starting in January, I think on the discovery channel, which interviews everyday people about near death experiences. They actually remembered bits and pieces and share their stories on camera!!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• when I said "I'm not alone now" I meant to say that i'm not alone in this life...I have family and friends all around me, and the thought of just rotting in the ground seems impersonal and lonely. whereas reuniting with those who passed before me, continues the social circle lol :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I believe our energies continue on into the universe. We become energy on another level.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• rhanford I really like that answer, that would be my perfect idea of Heaven. Could I ask what your religion is? I am a Christian but I don't have a denomination that I directly relate myself to. Every organized religion I have ever tried has aspects that I don't believe are right according to what God would say, so right now am non-denominational. But your image of Heaven sounds just like what I would believe it would be only I know it will be more grand, beyond any scope of human imagination.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i believe heaven is a place for God, Jesus, the angels and the anointed christians that will rule the earth. When people die and we are judged the righteous will live on earth forever and live in peace.
    Anonymous

• you simply cease to exist.

i believe in this one life, this one amazing life, this reality of existence. not an after life, a cushy story to alleviate the sadness of death... when you die, you simple cease.

(going to add that I have died, and been brought back. that answered any and all questions about an "afterlife")
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I'm with Obby. You're there and then, you're not. It's like asking where a flame goes when it is blown out. It doesn't "go" anywhere. It ceases to exist.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 5:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2009