Do you think humans were meant to be monogomous?

It seems like humans (aka mammals) have no capability to be monogomous. I don't think it's in our nature. The only creature on this entire planet that can be monogomous are freaking birds. Why do you think humans can't be monogomous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are reasons why people choose to not remain monogomous, But it all goes back to a choice we make. Free will is how God created people.
    Anonymous

• I think we can be... I've never cheated on anybody, nor have I ever had any desire to. We have free will, we can CHOOSE whether or not we're going to be monogamous. I think to say we just can't help ourselves is a pretty sad excuse, to be honest. If you can't be faithful, don't be in a relationship. Or at least be honest with the other person. Easy enough.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I think it has nothing to do with nature or any crap like that. It has EVERYTHING to do with how strong willed you are and whether your a good person or not, whether your a selfish ass or not. and most of all WHETHER YOU HAVE GOOD MORALS OR NOT. and like someone else said. It's all about choice. God gave us that and its up to us to make the right one. and if someone is going to get hurt in the process of not be faithful, then your choice to proceed would be WRONG!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I think we were created to be monogomous. Even if you don't believe in God and want to say we evolved - by being celibate or monogomous you are healthier (there is a reason they are called STD's).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes, human are meant to be monogamous. We have intelligence and self-control. We are not animals. It's all a matter of choice. I choose to be faithful to my husband. He chooses to be faithful to me. It's about having morals and self-worth. Sex is not a recrational sport. It is an expression of love that has been grossly distorted in the world.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• For the record, I don't believe in God. I don't believe morals have anything to do with religion. I just think cheating is one of the lowest things you can do to another person, especially somebody you at some point claimed to love. Saying it's not natural to be monogamous is just a cop-out.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I think we were created to be monogamous.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 3:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• If someone has a problem being monogamous then they are not with the right person, if someone has trouble staying faithful to one person then they have no business being in a relationship.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I totally agree, monogamy is archaic. It's like forcing a round peg into a square.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• jeanclaudia so are you saying it is okay for people to cheat?
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2009