baby likes to pinch and it hurts!

she's only 7 months and i don't know what to do to make her stop, she'd pinch me while shes falling asleep, and thats how she'd fall asleep!!! what can i do to make her stop but not be a bad mommy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Welcome to the wonderful world of development! LOL My baby is 3 months old and has a nasty grip...my breasts are all scraped...she's a quick little bugger! Try a nursing necklace, or those linking rings that you can make into a necklace for holding onto, or stuff a blanket/burp cloth in her hands....essentially anything that she can get a good grip on besides you.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• lol, my now 18,month old does the same thing always has, i just say otch or stop,it startles her and she doesnt do it as bad.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My 4 month old does the same thing. At this age I know she doesn't understand but I always take her hand off and tell her in a firm voice "no pinching" right now she finds it funny though. I plan to start putting her down when she's around 6-7 months because I think that's when they start understanding cause and effect. I will continue telling her no pinching before I put her down. Hopefully she will then understand I'm saying no pinching because she's pinching me. But we will see. Ds was never a pincher so....
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My daughter did the same thing. I don't think she knows what she was doing, so I would just move her hands or give her something else to pinch. She stopped doing it after a little while, and now she doesn't do it at all. It's just one of those things that a mom's got to endure for a little bit. :)
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• At that point is when we introduced the blanky. I would have LO pinch the blanky instead of me. It didn't take too long before it was all blanky (like 4 days). Good Luck!

Anonymous