how to dry up milk

my baby girl is finally old enough to stop breastfeeding and the only problem is that she likes breastfeeding A LOT and i've decided to just stop cold turkey. is there a way to stop without a lot of pain? any tips to help it dry up faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Baby led weaning will painless for you and easier for your child. There is great information here: http://www.babyledweaning.com/

Why do you think that your child is "old enough to stop breastfeeding"?

The World Health Organization, operating without the influences of the dairy, formula and porn industries (unlike American doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months. Certainly give her a sippy cup with water, and make sure that she is eating a variety of healthy foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, lentils, tofu, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i asked this question a week ago and the answers I got were be careful with hot showers and no nipple stimulation. I haven't breastfed in almost 2 weeks and can tell I'm not 100% dried up yet. But, I haven't had any pain at all. I think the best way to do it not painfully, is not to stop cold turkey. Start by cutting it down to 2 feedings a day, then 1 feeding a day, then 1 feeding every other day. Slowly weening her off will reduce your milk flow so you won't have so much and it won't be painful.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Ok, Mrs. Owens, attack away!!