Wiggly Kung-Fu master fetus tips?

I've been feeling movement since week 16, and it is progressively increasing. My child is either channeling Bruce Lee or Ginger Rogers doing the samba.

Any tips for encouraging stillness, like when we try to find the sex or when I need to sleep?

I don't do caffeine or chocolate. The sugar I eat is in fruit.

It's nice to know someone is interested in the cha-cha at 3:30am EVERY morning, but the point has been made. I'd love to soothe my love bug to stillness.

Did your wiggle worm turn out to be a wild child after birth?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 2:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of a way to promote stillness in a fetus, sounds like your diet is really great. Personally it may be annoying but the more movement the better. My little one did not move a whole lot and it was always very worrisome, I knew that when she was moving she was ok but otherwise I was nervous.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 3:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• oh yeah, and now at 2 she is a non-stop, run run run, ball of energy!
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 3:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• That's funny, my daughter was a kicker in the womb, and she is into dancing and likes to kick as well. Just realize it is only a short time if your child is active, grin and bear it I can only suggest.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 3:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i dont know what to tell you but i know on the u/s i had two u/s and im 11 weeks so i cant feel anything yet but they say its a very ative baby at the hospital when i wass dehydrated and they did a u/s my baby was spinding around and wouldnt stop my hubby even said slow down there kid your going to hurt your self so i dont know what yall your feeling yet but i hope you can get it still on the u/s when you go and good luck
    Anonymous

• i don't know how to help you with the movement,, but my wiggle is 17 months now. he crawled at 5 1/2 mos, walked at 9 1/2 mos and doest stay still, even in his sleep. enjoy!
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009