My son is going to be 7 months next Monday. How many times a day should i feed him solids? Do i feed him 1rst foods or 2nd foods like it says on the jars?

mami303

Asked by mami303 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids are much older now and I don't remember if we were at stage 1 or 2 foods at 7 months. However I do know that at that age I was feeding them solids 3 times a day. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My DD was started at 6 months on every other feeding. We started with stage 1 foods, but seeing as how she was still starving afterwards, went to stage 2 within a week, lol. I think the stage depends on what he's ready for. You'll know if he's wanting something more :o)

My DS went from every other feeding with solids to just 2 bottles a day by the time he was 8 months old. My DD still insists on at least 3 bottles a day... Every baby is different.
    mama_andrea

Answer by mama_andrea at 1:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Stage 2 foods is for babies 6 months or older so you could go ahead and try them.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I had to start my daughter on food at 4 months. She's a lil piggy!! But I was told by my dr i could use stage 2 so i did!
    Lyndsay13

Answer by Lyndsay13 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• it's all up to your child how much he eats and when.

2nd foods are introduced after a baby can eat well from a spoon, and all single-ingridient 1st foods have been cleared for allergies. Second foods add meat and dessert to your baby's diet. Consistency is still similar to 1st stage.

By 7 months, my son was eating 3 meals a day of 2nd foods.
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• After your son has tried all of the 1st foods, you can switch to 2nd foods. There are "guidelines" on how much solids an infant "should" eat... you can look them up at www.babycenter.com.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My son just turned seven months and I give him a 6oz bottle every 4 hours and a jar of baby food three times a day on top of the bottles. I just wait an hour or so after one and give him fruit in the morning, a meat at lunch, and a veggie at night. It's working great for us.
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 7:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Caleb just turned 7 months and he has cereal and fruit for brekfast, an orange veggie for lunch and a green veggie and 1/2 of a fruit for dinner. I just now put him on 2nd foods. Good luck
    mom2caleb07

Answer by mom2caleb07 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2008