Can I take Tylenol PM?

The bottle says if pregnant ask dr. blah blah, but I just moved so I dont know my doctor or the number. I'm exhausted, but I'm sick, and I can't sleep for long when I'm sick.

3Smiths

Asked by 3Smiths at 11:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would still ask your doctor, but I'm 39 weeks pregnant and my doctor told me it was fine when I was sick. So I would say yes, but I still would advise you to talk to your doctor first as everyone and each pregnancy is different.
    RMD2525

Answer by RMD2525 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2008

• Call your pharmacy to ask or the hospital.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2008

• NO NO NO you can NOT take tylenol PM. You can take regular tylenol, but the PM has extra meds in it. If you're having trouble sleeping (you're probably getting sick of hearing this) but try warm milk or chamomile tea. Or watch a boring infomercial for awhile :P
    Good luck
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2008

• My doc approved me for tylenol pm while pregnant, but you need to check with your doc first. All it takes is a phone call!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2008

• YES! you can take tylenol pm it is just tylenol and benadryl which are both ok for baby. If you dont feel comfortable taking it just ask doc.
    willsmamma

Answer by willsmamma at 12:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2008

• My own personal rule of thumb is if you read the label and it says to ask your doctor when pregnant, it's most likely not safe. BUT I guess if your dr approves, its ok, but be sure to ask YOUR doctor.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2008

• Hi mommy to be! You can't take Tyn. PM. You can take normal tynaol and if you have a head cold or cold at all, take the little red sudafed pills. Other then that, you can take anything. Can't even take sleeping pills. It's tough being a mommy or mommy to be! He have to sacifice a lot!
    Tenn78

Answer by Tenn78 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2008

• Yes!! you can. its my sleep savior!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 2:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2008

• hmm i wouldn't know for sure but i will definatly know in a few years for sure... i am going to be a obgyn nurse..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2008

• Willsmamma is right that tylenol PM is just tylenol and benedryl. Benedryl is safe during the second and third trimesters, but not recommended for the first trimester. So the overall safety of the medicine depends on how far along you are. The Women's Clinic in my town has a whole list of medicines that are approved for pregnancy; there is no need to suffer with any symptoms without at least checking with a pharmacist for a recommendation.
    KCD070706

Answer by KCD070706 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2008