Is anyone else getting really tired of this?

All the movies about our troops returning from Iraq saying they have been mentally damaged.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• not me
    Anonymous

• No. A lot of them do return home mentally damaged. My husand is one of them.
    Anonymous

• Personally I don't like those kinds of movies, so I don't watch them. So no I'm not tired of it. I do however feel sorry for those soldiers that are mentally damaged from being at war. So to the OP I'd say if you don't like them then just don't watch them as I do.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Why would one tire of hearing about what our men and women in uniform go through to protect our freedoms that so many people apparently take advantage of? I don't really know what movies your referring to though.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Define 'mentally damaged'.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• This new one for instance with Jake G and Toby M called Brothers, and who can forget Channing Tatum digging a hole in his underwear in Stoploss!
    Anonymous

• No I am not tired of it, I dont watch because as the wife of a Veteran it is very hard to watch. I am however glad that it is finally coming out in the open, my FIL and his brother both came home from vietnam with issues but back then it was just ignored the men were just brushed off to the side and we pretended not to see it. Now many of those men wander the streets in their own world, their lives forever destroyed because it wasnt accepted and no help was offered. At least now we are taking action and people are more aware. If it takes movies to make that happen then so be it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Is your issue with the movies being made? Or do you think they're being portrayed negatively?

Anonymous

• I think hollywood liberals do this on purpose.
    Anonymous

• There have not been that many, only two have been mentioned this thread. Here is an idea - maybe those of you who are tired of them should go to war and see what it is like, what it does to people. Then you might have a real complaint.
    Anonymous