Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg please help me! Tons of pain!

Is there any possible way i can get my ribs and chest to stop hurting! I never cry with this kind of pain but im about in tears! The baby wont move down, it hurts so bad! im 36 weeks n not once have i been in this kind of pain!!!!!!!! Please help me!


Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • stretch out (carefully) with your arms above your head. my baby always moves away from cold stuff, so try an ice pack on the top of your belly. other than that I have no idea, but it will definitely get better when the baby drops into your pelvis. not comfy for your pelvis or bladder, but at least the little one will be out of your ribs! good luck!

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

  • have you tried different positions? maybe try getting on the ground on all fours? or you can try and get the baby to move down by putting warm below yuour belly and cold above your belly? the baby will try and go to the warm part

    Answer by Precious333 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • Could the baby have cracked one of your ribs (its not unheard of) I was uncomfortable but never in any real pain from either of my pregnancies amd I've had both a boy and a girl so people can't say its cause one gender carrys lower than the other. Other than that no clue sorry.

    Answer by mom06and09 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • Try taking a warm bath. The whole buoyancy effect may help. Of course when my babies would get under my ribs I would literally shove them down. lol.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 3:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • Well I can't take a bath cause i only have a shower. And Im scared i may have hurt myself by shoving him down as well but only when i push him down he seems to come right back. Im not goin to the doc cause it might be a waste of time n plus my doc always says "welcome to pregnancy" when i tell him about any pain i have.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • You need to see the doctor. You could have chostrochondritis (sp?) I got it when I was pregnant. It is an inflammation of the cartiledge between the ribs. It hurts like hell. Talk to your doctor!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2009