Does this sound too scary emotionally?

This guy was my best friend in high school and we had feelings for each other. But I married someone else. Everytime I had a problem with my husband I called him. Now I am getting a divorce. So my friend has been in Iraq and is back for 2 weeks. He emailed me saying he wanted to see me but after that I have no heard anything.

So the thing is I have loved you for a very long time. But I was young and stupid and didn't know what love was. So I blew it. But I remember all the time we spend together and I so desperately want that back. You were my best friend. I was so happy I was going to get to see you and I don't understand what happened. So I just wanted to let you know all that. I know it probably isn't even fair to tell you all this. I know I always called you and then lost contact. But I can't move on without you knowing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's sweet and honest but not scary.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I went through something similar. My friend and I had mutual crushes on one another in highschool, but neither ever said anything. I actually married and divorced twice before coming to my senses and hooking up with my friend. When we finally did get together he told me he had just been waiting for me to figure things out. I understand how scary it is, but if you have similar feelings you owe it to yourself and your friend to explore those feelings. I've been married to my highschool friend for over 8 years now, and things couldn't be better. GL!
    Anonymous

• I think it's sweet too.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Not scary at all, I honestly believe that the person that people are meant to be with is their best friend. I say tell him how you really feel you have nothing to lose.

I married my best friend and it only took us 2 years to figure out that we were meant to be together, we both had bad relationships and as soon as we were honest with each other being together as a couple came naturally, 15 years later it is still easy, comfortable and just feels right.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Give him time to respond. Being in a war zone and then home for two weeks and then to go back is hard. I know when my hubby comes home from a deployment it takes a good week or two just for him to fully relax and get back into the routine of home. He just may not be able to respond to you at this time, it probably is overwhelming to him. He obviously cares for you or you wouldn't have remained in contact and been such a good fiend over the years. Give him time, to get his head screwed on straight again. Being in deployed is very hard on the body mind and soul for our military. And he is probably having a swarm of loved ones keeping him very busy right now. You were honest and true, give him time, he will respond.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No you are just letting him know what's on your mind. He can accept your true feeling or just leave it alone.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 4:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No, that does not sound scary. It's sweet.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• It sounds sweet. He's proffessing his feelings for you.
    Regardless of whether you get together or not he wanted you to know how he felt.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Did you e-mail him back or did he send you that message and you didn't respond to him? If you haven't responded, then the ball's in your court. GL!
    Anonymous

• OP- I wrote the letter but I haven't sent it yet.
    Anonymous