Do you have WW2 items that your grandfather brought home from the war?

My grandfather brought home several items from war. I could not believe the price these things sell for once reading about them on the internet. BUT I would never sell a piece of anything he brought with him. He brought home a Natzi uniform, a Lugar,and the binoculars from the Officer that he killed. Does anyone else have items like this?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 4:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My grandparents lived in occupied territory (The Netherlands and Belgium) during the war... They didn't keep anything to remind them of those days, it wasn't something they wanted to remember. My grandfather was in the resistance, and he did keep in touch with a British fighter pilot he hid for a couple of days after he was shot down, before the Underground could get him back to England. Matter of fact, that same pilot and his wife came to my wedding! Pretty neat.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• We have several. He kept it all at his shop. When he died, my parents bought the business and found boxes of stuff.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My husband's great uncle brought home a pretty set of china from occupied Japan. I now have that set, along with great uncle Ray's military foot locker and his baby book. I love old stuff/antiques!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 4:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• AngelDawn7, that is like my grandfather. He also put the items up and we found them after he died. What all did he bring home with him?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

That is AWESOME that the pilot and his wife came to your wedding. Actually kind of made me tear up!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• All kinds of letters and pictures. Then several magazine publications when he was on the ship headed for Germany. He also has some "girly" magazines from a French bordello. His gun, some knives that he carried, his uniform, military publications addressing how to behave when you become a civilian again. That one was really funny to read. His release papers. All kinds of stuff.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2009