Has anyone second guessed themselves and had doubts

about choosing the "right" name for thier baby? I love my baby's name but did have the period where I wondered if I had made the right choice...

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 4:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. I named my son and he named my two daughters. As long as he didn't name them something dumb I was ok with it and their dad couldn't have cared less.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I come across names often that I wished I'd thought of. But life goes on. We always learn something new or remember something old. But that's just the way things are. You can actually have a nickname of whatever for baby even if it's not their name if you really hate what you named them. Just say you had a friend who's name was that and dbaby's personality is beautiful like your dear friend's personality. Or look up your baby's given name (first name) and/or middle name in other languages and call them by that.

Are you thinking of changed names? That'd be tough to do I think.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No. I'm happy with my kids names. I stay away from things that are popular 'at the moment' like when everyone was naming kids after fruit, cars, sports etc.. I also stuck to the 'classic' spelling of the names because unique names became popular. I'm glad my kids aren't stuck with a strange name or a name that will look rediculous on business cards when they are older. I think sometimes people are more worried about following a trend then they are about giving their child a name that they will like.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I gave my oldest daughter a 'special' name because l thought she would be my only (and I was 16) and now I regret it badly. So I introduce her as Karia instead of Takaria, her real name. That sounds more normal. And she likes it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2009