Do you think my toddler could possibly have a UTI?

I think my DD may have a UTI. I mean I can't think what else it might be. I don't have health insurance and can't afford to take her to a doctor. Every like 10-30 minutes she will all of a sudden stop what she is doing, scream and grab herself down there, then go about her business. I know something like that, they can't tell you what is wrong. What do you think?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 4:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah I think there is a good chance and its not something you just want to wait and see about... insurance or no insurance... if you let it sit it will infect her kidneys which will mean over night stay in the hospital and possibly permanent damage to her kidneys....
    so if you think it's a UTI you need to go in ASAP
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Something like that, needs to be checked out. If you don't have insurance, ask to speak to someone about help with the bill. Have you looked into medical assistance through your local social services office? Don't be too proud to ask for help with medical bills, its your child's health at stake here. (If you qualify for MA your social worker can even back date the start of your coverage to cover taking your daughter to the doctor so it would be covered as will any prescriptions you may need)
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 6:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2009