Wine and a Single Mom

Is it ok for a sigle mom to have a glass of wine with dinner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Depends on how big your glass is and where you are! One glass no big deal, one BOTTLE BIG DEAL! :) What would make you think that wouldn't be okay?
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I think thats fine. If you are just doing like one glass(maybe two) and not the whole bottle I dont see it as a big deal.
    Or if you(general)have concerns then drink a glass after the kids are in bed.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• What does being a single mom have to do with it?
    Anonymous

• what does the single mom factor have to do with alcohol?
    you ask because you feel it isn't right to drink without a partner to watch the children?

have a little news, single moms probably have the most excuse to drink.

yes, they have the right to a glass of wine... or two... hell, have a couple of shots. as long as it is not interfering with the childrens routine, it shouldn't affect anyone else.

i hate questions like this. ima go have a glass of wine with my supper now.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• yes, of course it is.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Why not? Everything in moderation.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I'm always paranoid about something happening to my child after I have a drink and someone will report me to CPS. Just one glass of wine after my child goes to sleep.
    Anonymous

• It is fine as long as you still are in control of your facilities, they can't report you for doing a legal activity that isn't hurting your kids.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Awwww, you can absolutely have a glass or two. The issue is can you act in an emergency? Two glasses and you'll be fine. Drink up buttercup!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• If you are afraid something is going to happen and you'll get in trouble because you were drinking, hold it down to one glass. Unless that is all it takes you to get plastered! But if you only had one or two glasses and something unavoidable happens, I don't think CPS can do anything, unless you were passed out drunk and your kid started a fire or something.
    Anonymous