Do you think viagra should be covered by insurance companies? What about birth control?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't know Viagra had multiple uses. I know bc does. I used bc for years to not just prevent pregnancy but to keep my endimitriosis under control...well sort of under control!

I have no issue with insurance paying for any drug that heal and improve quality of life and that includes medical pot.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• for those who will say no to birth control; what about when bc is NOT the reason it's prescribed?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes, both should be covered. Viagra is an effective PULMONARY vasodilator that we use in the NICU for infants suffering from Pulmonary Hypertension. I used birth control pills when I was in my 40s for a MEDICAL issue I was experiencing. There are multiple uses for most medications.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No and No. Neither are necessary to save one's life, they are for cosmetic or convenience. It's like asking to insure KY Jelly and Clearasil.
    Anonymous

• All types of birth control should be covered. Including men as well. And no I dont think that viagra should be covered. unless it is needed!

Danielle Shellhorn
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/danishel
    Email-Thisfamilyrocks@gmail.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 5:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes and yes. My aunt takes Viagra for pulmonary issues she has. Some people also have health issues that could be deadly for them or their child if they got pregnant.

Neither is cosmetic. Both improve the quality of life for people.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I absolutely think that birth control should be covered! It's used for more than just preventing pregnancy, but even if that was the only thing it did, it would still be a lot cheaper than covering pregnancy/delivery. And hey, it may even prevent some abortions!

As for viagra.... ehhh, why not. Everybody deserves to have a little sex every now and then, right?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• IDK about viagra, but BC yes. People complain about people on welfare, ppl getting abortions and so on and so on. Maybe if BC was free, that would help a little. Maybe.
    Anonymous

• hmm why not. I pay my insurance every month. My BC is covered. Well when I was on birthcontrol. I had a ten dollar copay and was fine with that
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• "Neither are necessary to save one's life,"

BTW, there any many, many prescription drugs out there that aren't necessary to save one's life. Antibiotics for ear infections are one. Most prescriptions are NOT given to SAVE one's life.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009