How can i get her to sleep through the night??

My daughter is 15 months old.
She co-sleeps with her daddy and I, I am sooo exhausted by the time we get in bed that when she wants a bottle i have 3 water bottles made by the bed and i just mix the bottle with formula bc it is the easiest thing to do. (( I know she should be off the formula and bottle) but I am 25 weeks pregnant and I need sleep im so exhausted i can barely function through out the day!!
What do i need to do???She goes to bed around 8-9 each night and wakes up 3-4 times

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try a water bottle (I don't know if using the formula at night is a terrible thing). and have daddy take over a couple of the night wakings. If daddy has to work in the morning try to have him take over on a night that he doesn't have to work in the morning. You can also try taking away one bottle at a time, it might take a while though. Also try going to bed when she does you need as much rest as you can get anyway so you might as well. :-) My son is 16 months and he still gets up a couple times but I am not pregnant so I feel for you. (((hugs)))
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 5:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• She shouldn't be waking up so much. Maybe it is time for her to go to her own bed, you and you dh might be disturbing her sleep which is disturbing yours. Also if you don't get her off the bottle really soon it will be a incredibly hard task.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• ewww this is not fun especially when pregnant. My first two are 16mos apart so I feel you there. I have 3 and my method will anger many but it works and you need to choose what is best for you. I do CIO at 12mos. I check on them frequently and after 3 days they sleep through the night. I suggest you go online and read about different sleep methods. There are no cry solution which I tried with my middle child and did not work. My 20 mos old I just basically did how I did her siter when she turned 1 and by 3 days she was good. She has slept awesome since the transition but before woke several times a night!

She does not need any bottles so this is a bad habit and I know I did it with my oldest and he had a dang sippy cup in bed till 2 1/2 so I never did that again with the other two! LOL It was a nigtmare... Well I wish you luck in whatever you decide...
    Anonymous

• It's never a good idea to give them bottles in the middle of the night whenever they wake up.... It just increases their need to urinate, and most children will wake up when they have a soggy diaper. And you're right, your child is too old for formula now, so you should really try weaning her off that. You don't have to give up the bottle right away, just fill it with 1/4 milk and 3/4 formula for a couple of days, then 1/2 milk and 1/2 formula, etc. Before you know it, she'll be off formula, at least.

Personally, I'd try just soothing her whenever she wakes up, and try to get her back to sleep that way, instead of giving her a bottle. She'll probably cry and fuss a lot at first, but eventually she'll get it. I don't know what to tell you about the co-sleeping, I never did that with my son, and when I see how hard a time my friends have breaking their kids of the habit, I'm glad I didn't. Good luck!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I agree with PPs... As much as it hurts, it sounds like the bottles are continuing the problem rather than helping it. That's tough when you're pregnant to wean her off because it means more fussing at night. Hope you find a way! BTW, I'm reading a book called "solve your child's sleep problems" by a Dr. Ferber, which deals with issues like this.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2009