16 month constantly sick

My 16 month old little boy has been sick almost constantly for the last probably year of his life we right now have our at least 10th double ear infection and that doesnt count the one ear ear infections he's gotten. He alway has reportory problems and so far all the doctors have done is given us antibotic and antibotic which help for a short while and then we are sick all over again.. I has asthma and I was wondering if any other mothers out there have delt with this and or have asthma and have passed it to there babys and how you first noticed it.. Thank you

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it is time for a consult with an ENT. You need to have tubes put into his ears and it will help tremendously with the ear infections. Is he in day care? around other kids? Most children exposed to groups of kids on a regular basis get sick regualry for about a year to a year and half. It will get better. And yes I am a mom who is asthmatic and I have passes some traits to my child, but she hasn't been diagnosed yet. She has only wheezed once and that was from a cold. I wish you luck and if your ped won't give you a referral find another doctor. BTW he should have been sent to ENT after his 6th ear infection.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• well if u are like my sister(not being mean) she doesnt feed her kids fruit at all, she doesnt cook at all for them they peice on chips and stuff. when u make dinner put at least one veggi on his plate.try the long green beans. u can cut grapes into fours and put them in a small plastic bowl. cut strawberies, give him a banana a day.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• if he's having that many ear infections I would have him get tubes placed. My niece had chronic ear infections and after she got her tubes she hasn't had one since... where before she was getting an infection about every 3 weeks. She also had a lot of respiratory illnesses too... which also cleared up with the tubes... I think much of her congestion and coughing was related to the ear infections.
    I would also have him checked for allergies.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Your son sounds SO MUCH like mine - who is 15 months. Things improved for us after tubes!! Ask your child's pediatrician for an ENT & allergist referral. We use Pulmicort 1x a day, which helps with his resp. issues... that may be an option for you. Good luck!!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My son actually usually prefers veggie and fruit to meat if given the choice so I don't think that's it but thank you... I have him an appointment on Wednesday so I will definatly talk to our pedi about tubes because we pretty much have ear drops on han constantly And I hate him being in so much pain all the time thank you all for the help I will definatly talk to his pedi Bout it
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 3:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2009