new born... post partum? aggravated at family

My DH and i have a new baby. He has a child too. Latley I have just been real short with my DH. I dont know why. Of course he is workin and etc and then i have his child to watch and he not here half the time... so then that aggravates me. I know I am prob being selfish but did any new moms feel like this? I am trying to figure my little one out and maybe its a new mom thing, post partum or whatever? what do you think? please dont be rude. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say that it is normal and could be post partum. If you have anybody that can come help you for at least an hour or two a day get that. I had no help my husband returned to work the day after we got out of the hospital and his family couldn't be bothered to help me out. That is aggravating, you need support, he needs to take some time off and help you. Men get paternity leave.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• You feel frustrated with your husband because you are taking care of your new baby, his child, and he isn't around much. Sure it's normal to feel that way. It's hard to take care of a new baby, some babies are very difficult. It's difficult on relationships.

Could someone take care of the older child some of the time to give you alone time with the baby?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have a 4 month old little girl, and I had Post Pardom depression... I went to the doctor and she put me on Meds and it helped me a lot with like crying spells and feeling overwelmed.... And people like mother in laws saying that my baby never cries around her only when I hold her didnt makes things any better!!!! She made me feel like a bad mother like I was doing something wrong, when really I just have a fussy baby and she does cry around her, but at the time I didnt know! Dont be hard on yourself, when your husband gets home just ask him to watch the kids for a little while and lock the bathroom door and take a bath! Take time for yourself!!!!! You need you time! Good luck!!! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 6:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• It's really normal, as you start to find a rythm and schedule you will see it happening less and less. GIve it some time and you will start to see a difference.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• yup, hormones trying to get back to normal will cause all of this plus being a new mom figuring it all out can be stressful

Answer by admckenzie at 8:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Frustration isn't necessarily PPD. Give it a little time to find your groove. Just being short and aggravated with hubby is normal at times. Are you feeling sad, or depressed, or like you would hurt yourself or your family? If not, I would guess that you just need time to adjust. Nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt to talk to a therapist or something.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I had the Baby Blues after I had my son. It is pretty common and the symptoms of it are random crying for no reason, feeling depressed at certain times during the day, being irritated or frustrated easily, and things of that nature. It only lasted about 10 days though and I never had any negative feelings towards my son, it was always towards everyone else. Its not PPD but it does happen after pregnancy sometimes. You may have the baby blues.
    Anonymous