Im going back to school this upcoming year

So I was undecisive between taking up Pharmacy tech and Medical Billing and Coding. I know its my decision,but which 1 do you think is better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in

• I'd check to see what the demand is for either one. I'd also consider one works closely with the public and one is normally in an office not necessarily in contact with the patient. Which works for you. Check how much the pay is for each too.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i agree with admckenzie. Which one is in most demand in the area you want to live..or want to stay? i have a cousin who is going for a pharmacy tech(personally i would think that would be more interesting, then sitting doing paperwork all day)

And yeah check the pay. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I would speak to people in both field to get an idea of what is good and not good about each, and the current and future job markets.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Pharmacy tech would be more fun. My friend's mom, when I was a kid, did/does this. She had fun saying she sold drugs. Understand, we all knew what she was talking about. he he he Plus, yeah, paperwork all day?? Or, dealing with under-medicated people all day..... maybe paperwork isn't so bad after all.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I would do Pharmacy tech because I find medical coding and billing quite boring and I have also known others who could not find jobs when they finished! I am doing a Medical Radiography Program so I am all about interesting and moving!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would go with Pharmacy Tech. It would be more interesting and you would have more contact with people vs sitting at a desk dealing with paperwork.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2009