How many of you have had post partum depression longer than a year and does it come and go ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Health

• PPD can turn into depression if not treated in the beginning. Yes it comes and goes in waves. I would go to your regular Dr for a referral to a psychiatrist, a person qualified to diagnose and treat depression IF that is the issue you are having.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I had it for about two years, untreated for the first year. Yes, it does come and go. If you are not being treated, PLEASE go ASAP. There is much more awareness now about it than when I had it almost 10 years ago. It was a very hard road for me and it could have been so much different had I not been afraid to get treatment.
    stylemomma123

Answer by stylemomma123 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have been on an anti-depressant for 20mths since the birth of my last child. I have 5 and with the birth of each the PPD got a little worse. This last one was really bad . I had anxiety and intrusive thoughts about my baby it was a nightmare. 20mths later I still have waves of those thoughts and being overwhelmed usually when I am stressed. I just want it to go away all together I am starting to feel like it never will.
    Anonymous