need advice

I am due to start my period today but it has not showed up, well two days ago dh and I bd and it was pasted ovulation period and I was wondering what are the odds that I could have gotten pregnant. Plus about two weeks ago I was sick with food posioning and I was wondering if that could have thown my period off for this month. I was also told that a regular cycle can be anywhere from 28 to 32 days long and I was wondering if that was ture. Please no laughing or bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not sure time will tell good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• What matters is what your ave. cycle is. You ovulate 14 days before the first day of your period. You can't know when that was until your period starts.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Your ovulation can change from month to month, some months I did on day 14 and I got pg on day 21 so it is possible. You can always get a test to be sure.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• most women do ovulate at 14 days, but not all women do. your cycle can change at a moments notice. so, you could be. i would wait a week, and if it still hasn't shown up, get a test or go to the dr for a blood test.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 7:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Count the days from your day one of your period to day one of your next period. Whatever the number is you ovulate half way through. If it's 28 days you ovulate on day 14, 32 days then it's day 16. It is true that an average cycle vaires from 28-36 days. Many factors in life can change your cycle stress, thyroid function, diet, etc etc. But if your period is around the same time every month then you can pretty much narrow ovulation down. There are only three days though in which the released egg is prime for fertilization so it does take some planning to get pregnant. A healthy couple with no issues can take as long as 18 months to conceive so don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away. Do I think you could be...based on the info. given NO. Being sick can throw off your cycle.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Cycles vary from woman to woman. Mine is 42 days which is longer than most, but normal for me.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2009