When is a good time to introduce the potty?

My son is 19 months and he has been showing signs that he is aware of when he is wet. He will grab his diaper in the front or climb on my bed with clean pamper in hand to be changed. We just started him in the toddler bed and he sleeps just fine. Should we introduce the potty now? Or is it too much too soon?

JenStar28

Asked by JenStar28 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would try it and see how it goes. All 4 of mine would pull off their diapers right after going, so I started then. If he doesn't like it or seem interested, don't push it or rush it; its an indication he may not be ready. GL and BW!!!! Enjoy because he's going from a baby to a dlb(darling little boy)!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have an 18 month old ...so I'm just marking this post so I can check back.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My 19 month old daughter is almost completely potty trained. She even stays dry most nights. I just noticed that she was showing interest, so I bought a potty and sat her on it... The first time she sat on it she went #2. It was very easy from then on.

If he seems interested, try it out. No bad can come of it. (In my opinion.)
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 8:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• wow.. Jaimie you got lucky!! OP- I would definitely say give it a shot if he's interested! Awareness is the first sign, and it seems like he's already there! Good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2009