Could I be further along? (No bashing please!)

I am wondering this because a little over a month ago I took a pregnancy test and the result was negative. 3 weeks ago I took another one and it was positive. The health department is estimating me at around 8 weeks (I haven't been to the doctor yet because I'm finding it very difficult to find one who takes new patients on Health Connect) This is my second pregnancy and my belly feels hard up to my belly button. My morning sickness lasted about a month and now is gone! I'm having some food aversions still but no nausea or vomiting. Is it possible I'm further along that originally thought? Or could it be twins? (I'm actively looking for an OB but until I find one.. I'm kind of SOL)

alinker

Asked by alinker at 7:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its possible.. but you won't know until you find a doc.

Unless you can get a free clinic, the ones that provide free testing and sometimes ultrasounds, to perform an u/s for you and measure the baby.
    The clinics are normally ran or funding by pro-life organizations, and offer the u/s as a confirmation and deterrence to abortion..at least where i live.

good luck and congrats.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yeah you could be...or it could be twins. Think its time for a sonogram. You can go through planned parenthood for a discouted sonogram and payment plan.
    Anonymous

• Every pregnancy is different. That's all

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• well, the new year is coming up. so many dr's will start taking new pts again. just keep calling around.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I had kinda of the same sitution with my son. I took 6 tests and the clinic test me postive. They told me that they couldnt find my baby because I was about 4 wks or I had a lost my baby. That not your case so go to the doctor as soon as you can and get a ultasound done
    nikistrong3

Answer by nikistrong3 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Well, they probably estimated your due date based on your last period, but ovulation and conception can vary depending on stress etc. You could be farther along or not as far. You won't know until you get an ultrasound.
    Suz_and_Ash

Answer by Suz_and_Ash at 10:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Suz and Ash, They couldn't esitmate it on my last period because I stopped nursing 2.5 months prior. I haven't had a real period since before my first son was concieved
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2009