Pregnant or Irregular Period due to breastfeeding

My son is 8 months old. I breastfeed 7 times per 24 hour period(6 during the day and once at night and the time varries). My period returned Nov. 19th. However, it has not returned again. If I i go by how my period has been all my life I am now 1.5 weeks late. Since I am nursing I always get sore niples before my period is to start and for a couple days into it. I now have very sore nipples and have for well over a week. I have cramping like i have had with my first two pregnancies. I have taken 6 HPT's. 1st one the pos line was so light, 2nd one line was darker, 3rd one line was darker than the 1st but lighter than the 2nd, the 4th was digital and negative, the 5th the line was very light and the 6th very very faint line then it pretty much went away after about 10 minutes. I have read that a period can come and go while breastfeed, but I would like some opions please. Thanks to all!!

Noble_One

Asked by Noble_One at 7:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you got any kind of second line on the tests then that is a positive result. You should go have your doctor do a blood test to be sure, but I think that you are likely pregnant. Good luck and congrats.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I would call the ob and go have a blood test just to be sure. They may want to do an u/s as well just to make sure. I never got my period until baby was 12-13 months, but everyone is different.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• DUH CALL THE DOCTOR>
    Anonymous

• i would get a blood test since you have had a pos test.
    but to let you know, that during bfing, your cycle will be crazy. i would have one 1 month and wouldn't have one the next. mine was never regular.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Had a blood test done the Tuesday after X-mas and it was negative. But, my body still feels the same and no sign on AF as of Jan 1st.
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 11:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2010