Real friends

Why do some of your friends attend to shy away when you get married or have kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe they think you don't have anything in common anymore. my sister didn't talk to me when i got pregnant. she resented me all the way up til i had my son. she still isn't close to me like we used to be though.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• your life has changed and theres hasn't
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• that is a BIG life change. all my friends were in there 1st year of college when i got married, so the whole concept to them is still YEARS away. but my real friends didnt shy away, and those are the ones i still have relationships w
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• real friends will stick with you. some feel that you are too "grown up" and no longer fun. You cant stay out late like you used to (at least with kids). Your priorities are totally different. Maybe you stand for something they don't... i got married at 18... i barely even see my "best friend" or talk to her. my new best friend i met online and she lives like 1000 miles away. but i love her to death now! :) basically, i dont really talk to any of my old friends that are my age. most people are 5-10 years older than me and have kids. its sad but even things seemingly that shouldn't affect a friendship do.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009