How long is too long to cosleep with a bf baby?

Her and i have slept together on the couch the past few weeks so dad doesnt wake during the night.

I dont want to sleep in the same bed with him because he snores and i dont trust him not to roll over on the baby (awful i know but i dont trust anyone lol)

she's almost 2 months- when should she start sleeping in her crib alone? am i doing something wrong by still sleeping with her? my man also kind of misses me i think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• none of mine slept in their own bed before age 2. if i needed some "alone time" i would put them in the moses basket once they were asleep.

also, i used a rail so that baby would not roll out of bed, and my ex wouldn't roll over on baby. that fixed the worry problem.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I don't think it is ever too long to sleep with a baby. However, considering that you aren't sleeping in bed with your man - I think it is time to move her to her own bed. Can you put her to sleep in your room? She will get used to the snoring! Your relationship with her dad is SO important. Better for him to be happy than to co-sleep (imo).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I slept with both of mine until almost three years old. I put them on one side of the bed with a rail, then me in the middle, and then my DH. I did not trust my DH not to roll on them either. It worked for us and we all got sleep and were happy.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• she can sleep through snoring, its me laying awake on that one
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My daughter slept in the bed w/me til she was 2 years old.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• We coslept until my daughter slept through the night on a regular basis, at around 14 months. I would have had a lot less sleep if we didn't cosleep.

Some families cosleep for several years; they have a family bed.

You need to do what is best for your family, not others'

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i dont breastfeed, but my son is 7 months old & still sleeps in the bed with me. my SO works overnight though so thats not an issue. when he does have off though, i put the baby to sleep in the bed with us, and then once hes sleeping, i move him quietly to his crib. i love cosleeping with him though, he loves it, i love it, we both sleep longer, and i know hes safe right next to me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i also slept on the coutch only becouse she was so light and would roll into me or him.i didnt move back into the bed until she was around 4 or 5 months.we have our bed pushed to the wall and she layd on that side.i breastfed all the way until she was 16months.she is almost 19months now.my huspand still snores,i just nodge him and he wil quit for a few minutes,lolas for him missing u, u have ur whole life time together to have u time with him.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• my 3 year old still sleeps with us most of the time
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I coslept and nursed all three of my kids. All are still alive and well adjusted. I did this until they weaned or were two. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 9:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009