*CHRISTIANS* do you ever or have you ever questioned your faith? asked questions about the bible or seek knowledge

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely. I wouldn't be a true one if I hadn't.
    Anonymous

• Many times..there was even a time I shut myself in the bathroom of the church I was at at the time and sat on the floor and cried and told God "IF" he was real he had better do SOMETHING..and he did.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 9:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes. That's part of the journey. Faith doesn't mean you stop questioning or looking for answers.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes, all the time.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Yup sure have but never let go except for 8 months when I told God I was sick of the hypocrisy but He allowed me to leave for a while and I missed His presence so much I returned. I am thankful I did! :-) He loved me then and loves me still.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I don't question my faith, even when I went pagan I still knew and believed in God. But I do seek knowledge and have come to a point where I need to let go and give God the reins. I am reading that the bible does not condemn things that I was taught it does but It's scary letting go. Cause if it's not God leading me I'm screwed.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• When I was a "baby" Christian I questioned my faith all the time. Now when I am up against the hard stuff,I question my faithfulness instead.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Sure...don't most people?

I think it's part of learning and growing in the faith. I've asked a TON of questions about the Bible and my faith. I read up on things pertaining to my faith, as well. It's part of how we learn.
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I used to question my faith, my belief in there being any God at all when I was a nominal 'Christian'. I had too many unanswered questions. But once I started studying the Bible for myself it all fell into place. It's wise to ask questions and test out 'every inspired expression' (1John 4:1).

John 17:3 "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."

JES (JW) xxx
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 5:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I think it is normal for newer Christians to question their faith, because they don't know the Bible that well. I haven't questioned my faith that I remember though. God was very real to me the moment I became a Christian. I might not have had all the answers, but I had a direct line to the ONE who does.

I have always believed that God can handle any question I have. And yes, while I do not question my faith and the reality of my Lord, I do seek to grow in my knowledge of Him everyday. I study the Bible and I pray. I listen for His voice and I worship Him. But that is what we do with any friend; we grow deeper in our friendship, intimacy, knowledge of each other and love.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2009