My 15 month baby is having a hard time saying word that have "O's" in it, is that normal?

aileenramos25

Asked by aileenramos25 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well im sure itll pass.. my nephew has always had probalem with certain words..like m&m he said um.ums!! till this day and he just turned 5
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• yea its normal, my daughter cant say words that have the d sound in it...everything with a d gets replaced with a L and she will be 3 in march. I think they just grow into there vocabulary....she started calling my mom granma at first it was gangong, lol.
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• hes 15 months! he isn't going to have a massive vocabulary period. the fact that he is saying words that you can understand is great! dont rush it... hell be able to say them soon enough.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• It's not uncommon for a 15 month old to have trouble saying any sound.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• lol my little sisters had the hardest time saying their (s)'s for example when they would say steak they would say teak or spoon was poon lol it lasted for about a year and a half then one day just stopped. they speak fine now, dont be too worried your baby will grow out of it, it just takes time like when they hear other people say it correctly then they put it together like oh thats how you say it. lol you know its cute though
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2009