My 19 month old is destructive. why?

My daughter loves breaking things and throwing toys around when she is angry. I try to tell her no and she ignores me. If i try to punish her she just banges her head on the wall. I dont like spanking at all but i pop her hand and that doesnt do anything she just hits me back. when i try to put her in time out she hits her head on the railing even tho its padded and it makes a big bruise on her head. i cant leave her in time out because im afraid she will really hurt herself. she also just lets herself go limp and falls back causing her head to hit the floor. then she cries because it hurts. i dont know what to do. Nothing is working anymore and i dont want her hurting herself.

youraddiction66

Asked by youraddiction66 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have the same problem, but when my little one goes limb and flops backwards on the floor,i kind of ease her to the floor and let her cry,i just tell her i dont go for that crap,and after a few seconds she quits.try a playpen for time out.try holding her tight(firm) not sqeeze until she settles down.hubby does taht with our 18month old girl when she gest that way.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• we do use a playpen for time out but she hits her head on the railing even tho it has pads around it. They dont do much good. i just let her fall and put my foot under her head so it doesnt hit hard. is that okay?
    youraddiction66

Answer by youraddiction66 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009