i need some help ladies please I'm so worried

my 15 month old baby girl has been sick with high fevers and diarrhea for three weeks now i've been back and forth to the doctors and the er and they just keep saying its a virus but they dont know what virus i'm worried becuase she bairly eats or drinks anything she has lost 3 pounds since this started and she also has a terrable cough and she cant sleep cuase of it and today she had some mucus coming out of her eye thats yellow by the way the fevers are 102 to 104.8 everyday has this ever happend to anyone i need advice please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take someone with u to the er, tell them u are not going anywere until they know what the hell is going on,tell them she has had this for weeks now and its getting worse.tell them if something happens top her its there ass on the line. please take her back and thats why i say take someone with u,mabe ur mom or hubby someone who will jump there ass.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• whether they can figure out what virus it is or not she needs to be in the hospital it is bs that they dont admit her and make sure she is hydrated and get her temp down. 102 temp is scary let alone higher. take her back and make them atleast treat her symptoms.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i agree take her back and stay on top of them .

I of course don't want to frighten you anymore then you already are, but i had a coworker who took they're 1 yr old to the er for a virus, brother also had it.. they sent her home and she passed away.

Stay on top of them and make sure she gets treatment...fluids and fever monitoring at least.

If there is another hospital close by that you can take her to I would...even if it was a bit of a drive...get some new docs on it, and tell them everything thats been going on and that you aren't satisfied with the other hospital.

Good luck and hope she gets well soon.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Don't allow a lazy system to push you around. If it takes yelling to get your daughter admitted and taken care of DO IT! Those high temps are going to hurt her development all because of some LAZY docs. Make them know you mean business and take back up for when they try and give you the your just another over reactant mom.

My daughter was very ill as well about a month ago, I had to go to two ERs before I was taken seriously,

As for now make sure she has a humidifier in her room to help sooth her breathing and cough. If you dont have that, get in the shower with her, make the water hot enough to steam. DONT burn her just let the bathroom fill with the water vapor, that will help sooth her for a short while. Its not a fix its a band-aid.
    Lillian120308

Answer by Lillian120308 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Turn into the bitch mom who will not take "virus" for an answer! Go back to the er, go to a different one and tell them everything you said here and refuse to leave without an answer!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009