if your 3 yr old got the flu what were the first symptoms ..?

im just wondering because with all the holiday stuff .. well im kinda scared since my son just started running a 100.4 temp and his nose just all of the sudden stopped up .. when he awoke from his nap tonight . However hes still drinking and being somewhat active .. but in the car ride home tonight he was quite .. which he never is ... =(

bwsmommy

Asked by bwsmommy at 9:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Health

• If you are worried take him to the doctor. When my son caught it in October he woke up for the day with a 103º fever and didn't want to eat or play or even move.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• My 3 year old daughter caught it (suspected since they stopped testing and the fact that it came on so sudden, not gradual like a cold) in November. She was fine at 8 PM but woke up at 945 with a fever of 101.1. Really clingy and snotty (OMG) I have never seen that much mucous come out of someone so small. She was achy (her arms and legs hurt) and had a headache (sensitive to light) but was much like a terrible cold in response to the nose. She went thru a box of kleenex in less than 12 hours. All kids symptoms vary and she ended up getting croup on the down hill side of it...Remember lots of love and kisses from mommie, lots of fluids and popsicles help with the fever too. Just watch out for any warning signs - shortness of breathe, bluish color around mouth or fingertips...if this happens get help immediately! Good luck to you and hopefully your little one feels better soon!
    micjones

Answer by micjones at 3:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2009