if your 3 yr old got the flu what were the first symptoms ..?

im just wondering because with all the holiday stuff .. well im kinda scared since my son just started running a 100.4 temp and his nose just all of the sudden stopped up .. when he awoke from his nap tonight . However hes still drinking and being somewhat active .. but in the car ride home tonight he was quite .. which he never is ... =(

bwsmommy

Asked by bwsmommy at 9:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Keep an eye on the temp. Sounds like a virus. If the fever really rises and he gets vomiting you'll know it's the flu. Make sure he drinks but the sleeping is okay to fight the bug.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My daughter just got over the flu. There is a medication that they give children if they test positive for the flu within 48 hours of the fever developing. It is called Tamiflu. So get him to the dr in the morning and maybe you will still be in the time frame. My daughter never does act sick, so I have to watch for symptoms. Luckily, I caught hers in time and she was able to take the Tamiful. The Tamiflu cut her sick time down to 3 days, instead of the typical 7-10 days. Best of luck.
    Anonymous