starting my own business..please read and give feed back

and its scary
luckily i don't have to invest much money or take out any loans because its a professional service

its a tax prep business
i live in California...so here you must be licensed and bonded, which i am, and you get paid better here than other states since that is a requirement. Heres how it will be

I will meet each person at a place convenient for them: home, school , work etc
I bring my lab top and do all the interview questions then and there: about 30 minutes
I go home process it all, double check it and send it off to the IRS electronically
I then meet up with them for a quick 5 minutes, again, at a location convenient for them and give them all copied and signed documents they should have for their records.

The rate is $75 single person $125 Married
Plus $10 for additional forms, like if I have to do calculations that should have already been done for itemizing...etc

??

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• i think it sounds great... i think you will get buisness because you are making so they have one less place that they have to go to...instead you come to them.

I would also set up an office space in your house as well if possible....so that you can give them the option of doing that.

Also make sure to carry proof of you licences with you...in case they want to see them.

GOOD LUCK
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• does this sound like a good deal...?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I would have questions and concerns if you were providing me a tax service.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• questions and concerns about what?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• and yes i have a home office, i thought giving the option to go to the payer would be good for people who work or have jobs since most of the people who already file with me and know me are college students
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2009