what are some breastfeeding hotline numbers i can call?

My BF baby is puking up my breastmilk and i want to try formula but she wont take a bottle, i'm really really stressed out right now. Are there any numbers that i can call? i thought there were 24 hour hotlines.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call her pediatrician, it sounds to me like she has reflux and needs some zantac. Our youngest had it and I breastfed, his Dr said it would be worse for him to have formula.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i think its because i had a glass of zinfandel an hour before she ate. i'm freaked out.
    Anonymous

• Try here:

http://www.llli.org/resources/assistance.html?m=0,0

they offer live help online and can direct you to someone locally, and I know they have a 24 hr number but I can't find it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I don't think ONE glass would have that effect. *though it is possible*
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• She probably did react to something you ate. Formula will likely make her puke MORE.

Relax. They ALL spit up. And it usually LOOKS worse than it is.

On kellymom.com you'll find some articles on causes of gassiness and spitup in breastfed infants. It will really help...so go check it out.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Call the hospital where you delivered, ask for the OB floor.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Contact your local La Leche League if you have one. They are strictly dedicated to assisting lactating moms. The best of the best! :)

happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 11:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2009