Yesterday was my due date..

i am having cramping in my lower abdomen, but im not sure if they are contractions or not. this has been going on for hours now..

What would a REAL contraction feel like in early labor?

ashleyxo8

Asked by ashleyxo8 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• felt like mild period cramps in the beginning for me
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Is the cramping coming at consistent intervals? You might try timing the cramping out to see if they are.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• it felt like pressure.. like when you get your blood pressure taken. your uterus hardens and sometimes it can be intense and take your breath away a bit and cause you to sto pwhat you are doing. Also, for labor they are constant and they keep getting closer and closer together. If you have a contraction that you look at when it begins and then stops. keep track of how long they are and how frequent they are. If a contraction (from the begining of one to the begining of another) are 4-5 minutes apart and that is consistant for an hour than you will want to call your midwife or OB and head to the hosptal if you are having a hospital birth.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I've had both kinds of labor. Abdominal and back labor. When I went into labor with my son the best way I could discribe it was like having a vice on my abdoman, like being squeezed regularly. With my daught I had back labor and it was a constant pain in my back. It wasn't in interavals but it did get worse, then made its way around to the front like a period cramp as well as the back pain. Just remember, you know your body, and when in doubt, go to the hospital, they will check you and tell you what exactly is going on. Good luck...
    Anonymous

• For me it was like period cramps.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2009