baby sleep problems

My daughter has been waking up out of a dead sleep the past couple weeks crying... The thing is though, she goes right back to sleep..... She's doing everything regularly eating peeing pooping ect..... If anyone has any idea of what this can be or might be please help. She's three months old so i doubt its nightmares. Belly ache maybe?

fallingfiamonds

Asked by fallingfiamonds at 10:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started doing the same thing around 2 months old...he's now 5 months old and occassionally still does. He'll be dead asleep and then suddenly out of nowhere he'll start crying...sometimes like full-out screaming. I have no idea what it is but actually they say babies between 3-12 months dream more than any other age group so it is possible she could be having nightmares. I looked into it because I was afraid my son was having night terrors but I don't think that was it. Baby's can have nightmares about being left alone, being dropped, being around strangers, and other things so it is possible. That, or maybe she just had a little pain, or wasn't ready to wake up yet.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 11 1/2 months and shes done this many times too. Sometimes I think they just want to know ur there.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 10:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• lol yeah, i am going to future some research on this and figure out what i can come up with.... It's just my cousin paul had a daughter who died of sids and it's scary for me because she use to do the same thing. Thanks for the help!
    fallingfiamonds

Answer by fallingfiamonds at 11:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Sounds like normal babe behavior.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• my 2 month old does this every once in a great while. what i've noticed is that he does this when his diaper is wet and wants it changed. though he'll keep doing it till he either wakes up fully or i change him. with him it's more of a single cry or whine, never fully blown till he wakes up
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2009