What is the best and quickest way to get some energy?

I go to sleep tired and I wake up tired. I barely get through my days. I feel like I'm just going through the motions. No depression, just severly overweight, but can't figure out how to make eveything click. I think I need energy first of all to be able to cope, how do I get it?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 10:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat plenty of fruit. Don't eat at least 4 hours before bed. Eating before bed really disrupts your sleep and makes you feel sluggish. We get our energy from sleeping so you need to be getting enough of that.

Eat low fat will also help with sluggish but make sure you are eating high carb (lots of fruits) and eat plenty of greens.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Honestly, caffeine but walking. Can you start to walk a little every day? I swear to you, it works for energy. When you stop walking, you'll notice how much less energy you have.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I just started a product called Advocare. So far so good it is helping with my energy!! I have a thyroid disorder and it's totally run me into the ground! It's been nice to have some energy back!!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 11:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Emergen-C brand vitamin water mix. It is low calorie, all natural, full of vitamins, no caffeine, just stuff your body NEEDS.

I promise. This stuff will handle a hang over, pregnancy sluggishness, it'll even help you bounce back from the flu.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teenyiest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy.

Eating meat, highly processed grains and sugars, and dairy can definitely sap your energy; build your meals around fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• It sounds like it may be the type os foods you are eating. Stay away from processed foods. Also begin a an exercise routine. You might need to do exercise in small segmants throughout the day - maybe 10 mins at a time 3 times a day.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Walking and lifting light weights 30 minutes when you get up will give you an endorphin boost max out on your fruit servings and vegetables. eight glasses of water and lean protein. good luck!!

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Thanks everyone for your great tips. Definately not getting enough water, not enough exercise and not the right foods. Habits that I need to change. Happy New Year!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2009