diet menu...need help with ideas for supper/dinner?

is anybody good at any diet menu's? i have 2 wheat toast for bfast and 1 egg and maybe a yogurt for snack till lunch.

lunch will be a salad with croutons, seeds, salad dressing....ect. and sugar free jello for snack till dinner.

but im having a hard time thinking of what i could eat for supper???

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I started a diet in Jan. of this year and so far have lost 30 lbs. I think I may be able to help you.

As for dinner a family favoirte is Baked Chicken w/mushroom soup and brown rice. You bake the chicken in the mushroom soup then serve it on top of the rice. For an easy night you can do turkey sandwiches and a soup (Campbell's chunky soup has a light variety and they are really good). The best thing I can suggest though is to go to Mrsdash.com and they have A LOT of recipes that you can try that are healthy and we have not found one that we do not like yet. My family's favorite is the Irish Stew BTW.

A little suggestion though. I don't know if what you posted is what you have for breakfast and lunch everyday but if it is you should try to get more of a variety in. It's a lot easier to obtain your goals when you have a variety of things that you can eat.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• chicken/turkey/fish, brown rice, sweet potatoes, green vegetable
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Dinner is the one you're going to gain the most weight from, and the best is for your digestive system to be shut down overnight. Any kind of meat is going to take a long time to digest, and fruit is going to take the shortest time--and, of course have no fat!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• ok well i do plan on having the same breakfast everyday as i do not like much of a breakfast and usually do have that even if im not on a diet lol. that baked chicken sounds good! i will also check out that website

variety...will remember that maybe thats why i cant hold a diet.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Here's another little tip for you that I found out (and has helped me lose) you can eat basically anything you want (within reason so no eating fast food everyday) as long as you watch your portions. Something somebody told me once, "Never tell yourself that you can not have something because you are on a diet. That will just make you want it more. If you really want it just take a bite or two." That little piece of advice as helped me out A LOT. Good luck and YOU CAN DO IT!
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• hmmm ok that might just help me too. thank you!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• sing up for free at sparkpeople.com. Lots of tips for eating right/light.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day. Eat at least two servings of legumes a day. Cut way back on meat and dairy

You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library:  http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html Great recipes here, too: http://www.fatfreevegan.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Eat brown rice instead of white bread.
    Anything broiled but never ever fried
    olive oil never butter
    balsamic vinegar,white if you like sweet and dark if you like sour
    sea salt never iodizied salt
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2009