TOTALLY grossed out!!!

I just came back from vacation today, I went to visit family for christmas...and I cleaned my house and everything before I left like I always do, so I can come home to a clean house and relax...well I went into my drawer to get a ladel and I notice...*puke* mouse droppings and my wooden spoons all chewed up!! I am super pissed, and my expensive rubber spoon..ugh im sooo mad! and grossed out, I dont understand..how did this thing get into my house?? there was nothing here before I left, I would of noticed stuff like that ..well I looked in my pantry and there some in there too and one of my cabinets..and these thing must be like a rat or something because these teethmarks were huge on my spoons..I dont know what to do and how am I supposed to know where this thing is at?? ive NEVER had a mouse in my home before...thats military housing for you though

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• do you have trees over your house? I lived in this house once where in the winter time these so called "roof rats" would get in the trees and go into the attic and come into the house through the walls...BIG PROBLEM...LOTS OF MONEY!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• we just have one big tree outside but it isnt over the roof..im just super nervous because now im afraid to sleep...what if it crawls all over my baby?? or me for that matter?? this is so gross...never have I had a home with this issue...my biggest worry is, my friend lived in the same type of housing as I do and she had rats coming in through her foundation and there were hundreds living in her basement, our foundation is cracked and we had ants getting in during the summer no matter what we did.. and I never had ants either..this house is so gross I hate it...but it took the housing office a WHOLE YEAR to move my friend out of her home when she first reported the problem and she had hundreds of rats...and a baby
    Anonymous

• rats are very unsanitary...i would get out..complain, complain, complain!!!!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Oh I feel bad for you. How awful, usually where this is one there is more. I would start putting traps out or call someone to do it immediately. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• i would set out traps...dont use poison cuz then all they will do is eat it and go somewhere and die and stink up your house and you wont be able to find them
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• We live in military housing, too. We only had a rat problem one time, in Hawaii. But back then, it wasn't privatized, so it was taken care of like the next day. We did have a problem with a few roaches, and lots of ants one time, in Virginia. Both were old housing. Now we live in new housing. You can try calling the housing office, or better yet, go in and request them to do something. They may only set traps, but if the building is at fault, they need to fix it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have a small one still running around, and i live in a new home, they will get in no matter where you live. I use glue traps, but the little bast... won't get on it. I go to bed, turn off the lights and tvs, and it start to nibble on things in my room first. Very annoying, but i'm determined to get it. I hate the fact that one is running around and I can't get it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Rat for sure, and where there is one, there are more. Make sure all holes in your house are shored up. Get poison, but makesure you don't use it anywhere around kids or pets.
    Anonymous

• It could be getting in from the basement (if you have one) especially if it is unfinished.. or a michigan type basement. It could be getting in through any opening near the foundation, through an attached garage, etc. Just set up poisen or traps where these mice/rats are going. Like in your cabnit. You'll catch them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:39 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• You have more than "a mouse". You need to plug up the holes (a mouse can squeeze through a hole smaller than a dime) with steel wool, and put out poison or traps.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2009