When will it stop? (WA officers being killed)

Another WA police officer died today from wounds he received during a domestic disturbance. This is the sixth officer killed in two months in this area. The first was Officer Timothy Brenton, killed while he was sitting in his patrol car. The next four were basically ambushed in the Forza coffee shop. Today, officer Kent Mundell was taken off the life support he had been on since last week. For those of you living in this area, is it me or is this area getting alot worse?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 10:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is ALL very sad :( I live in Lacey WA and my hubby works on Ft Lewis. It almost makes me sick to turn the news on because in 2 months all this has happened! I didn't realize (haven't watched the news in a few days) one of the officers had died from the last shooting. We drove through the town it happened at last Wed. and it seemed like such a nice community :(
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 10:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• what is WA?
    Anonymous

• It is very sad. :( I had heard, though not verified, that the local gangs were doing this as initiations. :(
    Anonymous

• WA is Washington state
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I'm in Seattle. My husband is in news. I think the holidays really bring out the worst in people so I'm hoping it's just that. Still, it has been really shocking. When I walk into a Starbucks filled with cops, I think twice and look around for the wacko.
    Anonymous

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I always heard a lot of crime stories coming out of washington. I believe a few years ago, it was one of the top 10 states with a high murder rate.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I live in Yakima, and it STILL is one of the highest crime cities in the country. We have gangs, and daily gang shootings. It is disgusting.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I am afraid sometimes to let my kids go visit their friends off base in Lakewood, because of the area. I mean the armored car shooting at the WalMart in Tacoma, the police officers murders, all the strange people walking around begging for money in Lakewood Towne Center, I'm sure there's more. Check out this site. It's from data from 2006, but I think its actually getting WORSE not better.

http://lakewoodwa.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Oh no, Deputy Mundell died? This is so sad, what in the world is going on? How many does this make for our Police Officers?
    I was outside talking with my neighbor the day the Deputies were ambushed. We don't live that far from Eatonville. There were hundereds of sirens that were going down our road for a long time. Good grief and they want to do cut backs with police officers? Umm, I think they need to do cuts elsewhere than with our PD and any sort of rescue services.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2009