My husband slapped me

Well the other day my husband and i were fighting once again. And it was getting pretty loud. Of course I stepped outta line and pushed my husand. ( i don't need any bashing, i already know it was dumb and immature and outta line ) And out of no where he just slaps me SUPER hard across my the side of my face. My lips automatically were super swollen, along with the side of my face. Underneath my top lip was black and blue and my eyebrow is pretty bruised. Right after he did it, he started freaking out crying and saying how sorry he was over and over. i'm not really sure what to think about it. I have no where to go, and no one to go to for help. So leaving really may not be the best decision right now. What else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• well if you had called the police right when it happened, you could have pressed charges and had evidence. now i am not sure what to tell you.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• come to a mutual agreement that you both will never let that happen again and strive for better good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Can you take pics of yourself and date them, just in case? Don't tell him. Otherwise, if he EVER does it again, you need to leave to a shelter. Look them up and have a list.
    Anonymous

• you can still go to the police cause they will take pics of the bruises and have you write a report. If not that then you really need to tell him to go to counseling with you cause none of this will go away unless its delt with.
    Anonymous

• I agree with PP....maybe it was a rude awakening for both of you! Make up and agree to never let that happen again (sounds like he was instantly regretful). If it happens again, call the police...once is a mistake I could forgive, twice, no way.

More importantly, do what makes YOU feel safe! No one knows your hubby like you do!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Has this happened before? If so you need to find help, look in the phone book there are women's helplines. If this was the first time maybe he just reacted without thinking just like you did. You guys should talk about what happened agree to walk away and cool off when either of you get mad and finish the conversation later.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 11:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• You need to leave. He hit you once, he'll hit you again. He'll figure that you forgave him once, so WHEN he does it again, you'll forgive him again.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Sounds like you two could use some counseling and anger management. Just because you pushed him doesn't mean he can abuse you physically. If you are fighting a lot and the fights are becoming more and more intense you need to find the root of the problem. From my experience once hitting starts it just gets worse from there. No matter how angry either one of you get you should never get physical.

Right now you need to decide whether or not to stay together and get help or not be together. If you don't have anywhere to go then take some time to make arrangements. BUT don't let this go... it'll only get worse
    Anonymous

• I would go to marriage counseling. Yes he was wrong for slapping you but you were wrong for pushing him too. If you guys can't solve your problems without it coming to blows maybe you should think about other options. I'm not trying to be mean when I say that but that's what it came down to with me & one of my ex's everytime we got into an argument it came to blows so we broke up.
    kendra1417

Answer by kendra1417 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't consider this physical abuse if it's the first time. hell you can't even consider it assault since you started it with the push... guys often don't know how much stronger they are than us and how easily they can hurt us- and it sounds like he regretted it instantly. Just make it a goal never to fight like that again. oh and if he does it again for such a stupid reason or without you initiating it call the police.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 11:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2009