Would you let you 11yo change her hair color?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• No I wouldn't. Not that I would look down on a mom who would. But, personally I think children are perfect the way they are. Maybe in a few years or so!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 11:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I would let her use the stuff that washes out in a few shampoos. Nothing majorly damaging.
    kendra1417

Answer by kendra1417 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Nope. I think 11 is too young. I would consider 13-14..
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 11:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My mom let me. I turned out fine.

Hair is one of those battles that our family has decided is not worth the fight. Since DH is balding, he says let them do what they want with it while they have it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No. The reason children want to change their hairstyle is to fit in. Whether it's with a group of kids or to impress a boy. Changing the outside is a lot easier then changing the inside. I'd never put that type of impression on my child, especially at that young of an age. Kids that young are soo impressionable and if you put those kinds of impressions on them they could get the wrong idea of beauty. It shouldn't be that superficial.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. Dyeing her hair at 11, it's a slippery slope. What is the big rush to grow up?She will have plenty of time to dye her hair when she is older.
    Anonymous

• yup and I did- my daughter had pink chunks
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Sure would! I would let my child change their hair color at any age though if they specifically requested it. Children are maturing so much earlier now and they need to explore their independence, coloring their hair or changing their style of dress are just a couple ways to do this.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• my daughters 5 and ive streaked her hair..only with semi-permanent stuff..but ive done it a few times, since she was 3...and not lots, just like 5-6 streaks of purple in her hair...it fades out after every wash..so why not!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I had a friend in middle school who felt so plain she just had zero outlook. She finally talked to her Mom. She wasn't looking for a 'punk' or 'goth" chqange..just a boost. Tthey chose a color just a shade or two lighter than hher natural and a hint of red to it. The next week at school was amazing. people were asking her what was the changfe. Her entire attitude was lifted. I would seriously consider it if asked. I would want to now why, what she wanted to change.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2009